Friday, June 1, 2012

COURTNEY FORCE ENJOYS “CARWASH” EXPERIENCE AT ESPN HQ



On Thursday in advance of the 43rd Toyota NHRA SuperNationals rookie of the year front-runner Courtney Force spent the afternoon at ESPN’s world-wide headquarters in Bristol, Connecticut participating in the “carwash” media experience. The experience is referred to as a “carwash” since athletes move from one media interview to another similar to the stages of a carwash.
After arriving on the sprawling campus two and a half hours from Englishtown, New Jersey, site of this weekend’s Full Throttle Drag Racing Series event, Courtney immediately dove into over four hours of interviews with various ESPN media properties. She began with a sit-down interview withespnw.com followed by a live online chat with espn.com which led into an introductory interview with espn.com’s Front Page editor.

The interviews touched on a variety of topics from racing to family to personal interests. Courtney will also begin penning an online blog forespnw.com following each NHRA national event starting with this weekend’s Toyota NHRA SuperNationals.

“I am really excited to be starting the blog for espnw.com. I really felt like I hit it off with Heather (Burns, espnw.com deputy editor) during our interview. We talked about doing a blog and I jumped at the opportunity to write about my experiences both on and off the track. I had some photos in my iPhone of me and my dad in the winner’s circle when I was just a little kid that I showed Heather and Christina (Johnson, espnw.com editor in chief) and they loved seeing stuff like that,” said Force.

After the one on one interviews Courtney moved to a video interview segment and then she was on-set with SportsCenter. Following the live SportsCenter interview Courtney talked with the ESPN Front Row video crew and finished the afternoon off with a meeting with the editors from ESPN The Magazine.

“It was an overwhelming experience to say the least. Everyone at ESPN was great. I loved meeting everyone and talking about racing my Traxxas Ford Mustang Funny Car as well as what I do when I am away from the track. All the interviews went well and the interest level from all the different ESPN outlets in NHRA was really impressive. I can’t wait to come back next year,” said Force.

Here is the link to Courtney’s SportCenter interview: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7993753

No comments:

Post a Comment