Thursday, February 28, 2013

NHRA NEWS: ELLIS TO RIDE SAVOIE’S WHITE ALLIGATOR RACING SUZUKI IN GAINESVILLE, CHARLOTTE


Veteran NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle rider Chip Ellis will ride Jerry Savoie's White Alligator Racing Suzuki at the first two events of the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series while Savoie continues to recover from minor surgery during the off-season.

They also announced a partnership with Vance & Hines, which will provide power for the WAR Suzuki in 2013. Ellis will ride the WAR Suzuki as a stand-in for Savoie at the Amalie Oil NHRA Gatornationals in Gainesville – the Pro Stock Motorcycle season opener – and again at the next race on the schedule, the Dollar General NHRA Four-Wide Nationals fueled by Full Throttle in Charlotte. "I'm feeling fine, and I'm definitely on the road to recovery, but the doctors recommended that I don't jump right back on the motorcycle," said Savoie, who underwent surgery to eliminate bone spurs in his neck. "It's tough for me to sit still for too long, but I'm going to respect their wishes so that I can be 100 percent when it's time for me to get back on the bike.

In the meantime, we feel that Chip was the right choice for us as a fill-in rider, and he's a friend of ours. I think he'll do a great job, and he has a lot of experience with the Vance & Hines product. We know he'll be an asset to our team, and we appreciate him coming onboard for Gainesville and Charlotte." For more on this story, please visit www.nhra.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment