Sunday, February 17, 2013

NHRA NEWS: COURTNEY FORCE’S WINTERNATIONALS WIN LANDS TV IN FANS HANDS AT POMONA

In an epic final pitting a wily veteran versus the one of the fastest rising stars on the Mello Yello Drag Racing Series Courtney Force and her Traxxas Mustang defeated Ron Capps at the O’Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Winternationals today. At the season opening race Force outran a tire smoking Capps with an event best 4.025 second run at 311.12 mph. This was her second career win and a 55” flat screen TV went to Steve Divine of Barstow, California compliments of BrandSource and the “Win with Force” promotion.


“I never thought when I came to the races today I would be leaving with a big screen TV. I have been a John Force fan all my life. We were here yesterday and today. I can definitely use a new TV and I want to thank BrandSource and John Force Racing,” said Divine from Force’s winner’s circle celebration.

On Sunday Force out ran Phil Burkhart Jr. in the first round then beat Matt Hagan in the second round. Her only hiccup of the day came in the semi-finals when her Traxxas Ford Mustang smoked the tires but luck was on her side as Bob Tasca III red-lit handing her the win light. In the final it was all Courtney all the time as her Traxxas team gave her the quickest and fastest race car of the weekend.

“This is amazing. Being the first Mello Yello event champ is amazing. To win here at my home track makes it that much better. I am so excited but I owe this one to my team. My guys worked so hard trying to get that Traxxas Fird Mustang back up to the starting line for the final. They didn’t have a lot of time but they did a great job,” said Force. “They gave me a great car that ran a 4.02. Every single one of those guys in those Traxxas uniforms earned this. I have to thank my crew chiefs Ron Douglas and Dan Hood. They gave me a quick and fast race car. I love driving it.”

At each NHRA national event when a JFR team qualifies No. 1 a lucky fan that has signed up at the JFR Win with Force display located in Nitro Alley will be eligible to win the BrandSource No. 1 Qualifier Award, a front loading washer and dryer set. If a JFR driver wins the event a different fan will win the 55” flat screen TV Winner’s Circle Award from BrandSource.

Fans can sign up to win at the John Force Racing interactive midway display. This 53-foot trailer will be in the Nitro Alley area of every NHRA Full Throttle Series national event in 2013. The “Win with Force” promotion now includes JFR team partners Castrol, BrandSource, Ford, AAA Auto Club of Southern California, Mac Tools, and Pleasant Holidays all joining together to create an incredible promotion for the fans.

Fans can sign up to win exciting prizes at NHRA events, www.brandsource.com and www.castrolforce.com as well as at thousands of BrandSource stores across the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment